Karen Hanover Animal Charities
Karen Hanover animal charities page is dedicated to saving animals and preventing animal cruelty. Karen Hanover has a special place in her heart for animal charities. You may wonder why you should give money to animal causes when the world is full of human beings in dire need. Surely there are many more important causes, right? After all we have a myriad of cancers and other illnesses, environmental issues, domestic abuse, natural disasters, hunger, poverty, seniors who are unable to care for themselves, homelessness, child slavery, pollution, lack of potable water and more.
Karen Hanover Animal Charities startling statistics:
- In the United States alone, between three and four million dogs and cats are euthanized every year
- Animals give unconditional love
- Animals have no safety net in society, nobody else to look out for them
- Animals don’t have voices of their own
- Animals have very few rights under United States law
- Dr. Patricia McConnell, an animal behaviorist and the author of For the Love of a Dog: Understanding Emotion in You and Your Best Friend says, “Interacting with pets can have a direct influence on your health, from lowering your blood pressure and increasing levels of serotonin to helping you get more exercise.”
- Animals lower stress. The level of cortisol, a hormone associated with stress, is lowered. And the production of serotonin, a chemical associated with well-being, is increased.
Read more about the favorite Karen Hanover animal charities:
Here’s where you can DONATE to the favorite Karen Hanover animal charities:
- The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
It’s not a choice between humans and animals. To give or not to give. That is the only question. Get involved!